Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Defining the Essential Question

1. What is the most important part of being a successful interpreter?
2. Successful - accepted in the Deaf community, knows the language very well.
Interpreter - Sign language interpreter.
3. Some of my possible answers to my EQ are; The person is able to adapt quickly to home sign. Also the person immerses themselves in the culture.
4. My most important source so far has been my interview with Mr. Brad Munson. Him and his wife adopted a deaf daughter so he had first hand experience with having to be a part of the Deaf community. He told me how important it was that people understand how things work in the community. He also told me that the Deaf community is a very close community so you really need to know how to fit in.

1 comment:

  1. Need to change to:

    What is the best way to become a successful interpreter?

    or

    What is most important to consider as a successful interpreter?

    Which one sounds best to you? Is there another you would rather have?

    -M

    ReplyDelete